Skip to Content, Skip to Site Navigation, Skip to Section Navigation, Skip to Search
Indiana University Bloomington

Department of Biology

About Us


History of the Indiana University Department of Biology

The Departments of Bacteriology, Botany, and Zoology moved into the newly-built Jordan Hall in 1953, and combined into the Division of Biological Sciences in 1963.  Ultimately, the Division was reformulated into the Department of Biology in 1977, with the graduate programs reorganized to reflect changes in the faculty. Jordan Hall received a major addition in 1984, and has been renovated piecemeal since then.  Biology renovated and expanded into Myers Hall in 2001, and further expanded when Simon Hall was opened in the fall of 2007.


Historical materials

view of front of Jordan Hall greenhouse
back of Jordan Hall postcard

Biology emeriti

Go to the complete list of our faculty awards. »

Copyright © 2013 | The Trustees of Indiana University | Copyright Complaints | Privacy Notice Site Index | Contact Us