Genome, Cell & Developmental Biology Graduate Program
Our interdisciplinary program provides students with a large number of potential research projects. New students participate in lab rotations to sample the interests, approaches, and styles of three different laboratories. This allows students to make well-informed decisions about what area of research to pursue and which laboratory to join. Students in the program may graduate with a Ph.D. in Genome, Cell, and Developmental Biology; Genetics; or Plant Sciences.
Why Come to Indiana University's GCDB Program?
- Unique combination of research excellence and a first-class graduate training program.
- Training program includes research rotations, a first-year core curriculum, customized advanced courses, and individual career development advice from faculty.
- Intense focus on fundamental research questions.
- Exceptionally collegial, cooperative, and rigorous research environment.
- Wide range of faculty interests and research opportunities for graduate students to explore.
- Generous financial support that is guaranteed for 5 years.
- Cultural environment: music and arts offerings are world-class.
- Living environment: Bloomington is a lovely, easy-commute, affordable community.
- Outdoor environment: we are located in one of the largest hardwood forest areas in the United States with hills, hollows, lakes, rivers, and many scenic highways.