Microbiology Graduate Program
Our interdisciplinary program provides a large number of potential research advisors. New students participate in "lab rotations" to sample the interests, approaches, and styles of three different laboratories. This allows informed decisions about what area of research to pursue and which laboratory to join.
Why Come to Indiana University's Microbiology Program?
- A unique combination of research excellence and a first-class graduate training program.
- A training program that includes research rotations, a first-year core curriculum, customized advanced courses, and individualized career development advice from faculty.
- An intense focus on fundamental research questions and critical environmental and biomedical issues in powerful model organisms.
- An exceptionally collegial, cooperative, and rigorous research environment.
- A wide range of faculty interests and research opportunities for graduate students to explore.
- State-of-the-art research facilities and approaches
- Generous financial support guaranteed for 5 years.
- An outstanding living environment: Bloomington is a beautiful, easy-commute, affordable community.
- An outstanding cultural environment: music and arts offerings are world-class.
- An outstanding outdoor environment: we are located in one of the largest hardwood forest areas in the United States with a large number of state and national parks, hills, hollows, lakes, rivers, and many scenic highways.